I've always admired artists. I admire the way they're able to materialize an idea, a concept, or an emotion. But I also love photographers, how they can manipulate the different aspects of light and color in capturing and highlighting a certain moment.
These are the reasons why I truly admire and enjoyed the works of Ernest Zacharevic, a Lithuanian artist, in the streets of Old George Town in Penang, Malaysia. His murals are based and copied from real-life photos.
His works captured moments and allowed people to be part of it.
I also loved the details of his works especially the smile of this young boy on a bicycle, the photos are somehow alive. Capturing his work, as someone who loves photography, was also fun, because there were no borders and frames.
I only knew about this when I arrived in Penang in August, as he only started working on it middle of this year. Lucky me :)
The streets of Old George Town are now not only famous for its quaint historical buildings, cafes, and temples, but also of Ernest's works.
Posted on : October 18, 2012
--------------------------------------------------------------
NEW BLOG!
Hey everyone! I'm moving to a new blog address : www.angelicacruzph.com
Same content but with some changes in design and layout. I'll still be keeping this one but will begin posting new stuff in the new blog. See you there!
You can still find me at the following:
Email : anggetravels.blog@gmail.com




















rss
twitter
pinterest
facebook


