It's been a month since I started working again. It's been two months since the last time I was on the road. And there are days like these, when I miss being back on the road. May it be in a crazy and hot Asian city, or up in the cold mountains, or by a calm and quiet river, or camping in an island.
I miss the freedom and the realness of the moment.
People might say dream's over, back to reality. What's reality anyways? Who defines it? I define my reality. Every moment I feel, wherever place I am, that is my reality.
And now, this is my reality. I do miss being on the road, but I appreciate being here as well. I've missed spending a long weekend with my family. I've missed hanging out with some friends. Or being 'reachable' when my superfriends (who are continents away) need me. And I appreciate the blessings that have been given to me constantly. And I see this as another opportunity to save up and prepare for another adventure.
Though I miss being back on the road, I am thankful for music that reminds me of the fact and the reality that I've been on the road so many times before. And how it can happen again. Because it is now a part of who I am as a person. This song, Miles Away, by Years Around the Sun, perfectly describes why I travel. That inexplicable feeling of freedom and soul-satisfying moment.
Listen. ;)
And our minds were meant to sail
Take a rest from our thoughts
Take a brake from this world
And we'll feel miles away
From the places that we used to be
Listen. ;)
We watch the light
as it set from the sun
All the ways we could run
All the ways we could run
Oh my, can you see the light
from outer space?
What was said what was done
As the time had a ride
All the ways we could run
All the things we could try
Oh my, could you tell me
where this is going to lead?
And all the lights are shining on the sea
As the rolling waves crash along the beach
And our minds were meant to sail
Take a rest from our thoughts
Take a brake from this world
And we'll feel miles away
From the places that we used to be
As we lay in the sand
And we stare at the sky
Watch the moon dancing why
As the stars latch your eyes
Oh my, there's no place on earth I'd rather be
In my eye this night just don't
feel real
But i can feel your touch
Promise you won't let go
And our minds were meant to sail
Take a rest from our thoughts
Take a brake from this world
And we'll feel miles away
From the places that we used to be
Posted on : April 6, 2013
--------------------------------------------------------------
NEW BLOG!
Hey everyone! I'm moving to a new blog address : www.angelicacruzph.com
Same content but with some changes in design and layout. I'll still be keeping this one but will begin posting new stuff in the new blog. See you there!
You can still find me at the following:
Email : anggetravels.blog@gmail.com







rss
twitter
pinterest
facebook


